Thursday, May 8, 2008
Wedding Album Cover
I told you the bug has bit me! I had to come home, figure out where in the world we packed our wedding photos (bingo! Glad my husband pays attention to these things -- he told me right where to look), then start scrapping.
I can't really do a template for you on this one though.... I can, however, tell you how I did it.
1) Select a cool background (if you'd like) -- this one is from Michelle Coleman's "Frosted" kit
2) Write your last name in a nice font -- I chose "Porcelain" (I believe it's a free download at Dafont.com)
3) Write your first names just below it in the same font (or a different one) -- add the date below that.
OK... you're saying, "Duh, Sarah -- that was the easy part!" OK, OK, OK... I know. :)
So for the photo -- find a cool photo that you like.
4) Play with the levels, blur, or easier yet, run a "Virtual Photographer" filter over the photo to get a "dreamy" sort of feel to it. Virtual Photographer is a fabulous free download program that really helps "fix" a lot of less-than-perfect photos. It works especially well when you're working with older photos, scanned in photos, etc. It fixes a world of problems... much better than I can do myself.
5) This one was cool of my husband and I, but the background was pretty busy, so doesn't work well in a normal frame -- it looks much better when we're cut out and "blurred". So I took a fuzzy eraser brush (because I wanted soft edges) and erased around our silhouettes.
And that's it.... really easy peasey, but it's my favorite kind of look for a LO. It took me longer to figure out where to place the words than it did to create the LO!
I'm still thinking on template ideas and the order of the pages.... so stay tuned. As I finish pages of my book, you'll get templates for yours....