Sunday, November 8, 2009

2010 Calendar Templates / Version 1


Wow! It has been SO long since I've scrapped or been in the scrapping loop that I didn't even realize it was National Digital Scrapbooking Day! Hope you all had a good one and found many wonderful treasures!

A few weeks ago, a lovely lady asked me if I was planning to do a calendar again. At that point, I hadn't even given it a thought. Then it hit me just how quickly 2010 was coming, not to mention Christmas 2009, and I hadn't even begun thinking of gifts.

So I told her that one would be coming.

Here it is!

However, it's only the first one.

I really wanted to do one with Bible verses each month, as I've done in the past. However, because I've been out of the scrapping loop, I just couldn't make the designs gel... at all. It was SO frustrating, and I was getting no where fast.

So I took a different approach to it.

One night as I was falling asleep, and idea came to me. I thought of wordle.net (go visit it, if you haven't already). I have Wordle to thank for the basic design of the pages. I did make a few minor tweaks, and I did redo all the fonts, but the credit for the font blocks goes to Wordle. What a fun program!

So anyway... here's where you get to have some fun...

I know you all went on a download frenzy today. And I just bet you got some amazing templates and/or quick pages. You see that "square" in the center of each page? That's for your favorite layout of each month. Or if you don't want to go that route, you can put your favorite picture of the month there. Don't like that either? Take out the block altogether and put in a large picture or design of your own. The possibilities are endless with this one! I hope you will to.

As I mentioned, this is version 1. Version 2 is coming. I was going to wait and provide them both together, but since it is National Scrapbook Day and all, I thought I'd play my part! :)

Version 2 will have the same basic design, but instead of the month blocks, there will be Bible Verse word art for each month. Bear with me. I've got 8 months left to go. Hopefully I'll have that done within the week, but I'll make no promises!

Hope you all had a blessed day, and found some wonderful scrapbook treasures... or more importantly, created some!

Oh yeah -- the templates. You can find them HERE. There are 24 pages (top and bottom for each month) zipped into one file. Each page is 8.5x11 and 300dpi. Oh -- and the olive color background is just that -- a background for display. It's not on the file itself.

Enjoy!

25 comments:

Melissa said...

Sarah, your calendar templates are terrific! You did a great job on them.

Melissa said...

Sarah, your calendar templates are terrific! You did a great job on them.

Melissa said...

Sarah, your calendar templates are terrific! You did a great job on them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Nov. 08, 2009. Thanks again.

EBPitcher said...

These are really nice! Thanks for sharing!

cjpeterson38 said...

Sarah, thank you for the calendar. I love the idea about a whole layout on the first page. What a great idea to share my artwork! Welcome back. We have missed you terribly.

anitab said...

So glad I came by - these templates are great - and I was just getting ready to do a calendar to use as gifts to family! I'll admit, I'm looking forward to the version with Bible verse word art, also...
Thank you SO much for sharing these with all of us!!

sdwrdt said...

thank you! These will be fun to use!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 08 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 09 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

Amy J. said...

These are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing such a great calendar! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this template! I have been looking for something like this as I have the crazy idea to make some for gifts for family....I was wondering what is the most economical way to have a calendar printed? Thanks again!!
Sharon

bdaphil said...

thank you very much

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

Lois B said...

Such a clever idea for the calendars. Thanks so much for sharing. Looking forward to the version with Bible verses :)

Sue - Texas said...

OH Thank you. Thank you. Thank you AND Thank you!!!!! I'm so excited. Did I say thank you yet? Well Thank you. :-)

Karen said...

Thanks so much for sharing these with us. You do a great job. Can't wait to see the ones with scripture!
thanks again.

Unknown said...

Sarah! Thank you so much! I am looking forward to the one with Scripture Template! Thanks again!

Diamond said...

Thank you for sharing the link to Wordle with us. I love it and have a few things I want to try with it.

Did you have to recreate/ the layout Wordle made? It seems a bit of work for some, but should be worth it.

dhl said...

thank you for sharing!
can i use your template for a freebie??

Paula said...

Thank you so much! I used your calender last year and it was a hit with both Grandmas, and they asked for new ones this year. I couldn't find any that I have liked so far, and now here it is. My favorite part about it was the bible verses, so I am looking forward to the next version. Again, thanks for being a way to spread Christ.

Unknown said...

TYSM! These are awesome, I can't wait to use them for my kids to start a new tradition. Bless you.

Sandy Koch said...

Love these, Sarah! Makes me wish I wasn't a DIP user so I could use them!

CynR said...

Thank you very much - wish I'd seen these earlier!! Oh well there's this year.

Amanda Chall said...

thanks for you 2010 calendar templates

Tinadell said...

will you be making these for 2011? this year?

Thank you,
Tina Chancelor